You ever have those days that your ass apparently has grown two sizes overnight?
I have those. I wake up and I am like, “What in the actual f(*&?”
But I remind myself that it’s an illusion…it’s all in my head.
There isn’t any WAY to gain two sizes in my sleep.
Back in West Michigan, I interviewed a recovering bulimic. She was an Olympic medal winner who was outspoken about her disordered eating. She told me that when she has those days, she thinks hard about what’s stressing her out. For her, stress = illusion of weight gain. Once she could figure out her stressor, she could be like, “Ahhhh…that’s why.”
So what do you do when you wake up and feel this way?
Change your perspective.
Here are some tools that may help when you wake up and feel uncomfortable in your skin. Click here if you want to print them out and stick them up by your full-length mirror.
- Be tender with yourself. Instead of immediately unleashing self-loathing, be spacious and kind. “Oh look it’s one of those days today.”
- Walk away from the mirror and breathe.
- Come back to the mirror with eyes closed. Tell yourself, “I am beautiful. I am perfect as I am. My body is a gift. I love myself.”
- Open your eyes.
- I’m not kidding…how you SEE YOUR BODY WILL BE DIFFERENT.
- Simply by changing the internal narrative, you can change your perception.
- Think on the power of #6 and how you can apply it to other areas of your life.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Want more tools to help stop the voices that say you’re less than, not enough, not the right size, imperfect in all ways??? Sign up for my Love The Skin You’re In Course.
So much peace and love, Sarah